GUJCET 2018 – Gujarat Common Entrance Test
Important Dates for GUJCET 2018
|Start Date||End Date||Remark|
|Application Form Date||25-Dec-2017||15-Apr-2018|
|Result Date||29-May-2018||N/A||Result is declared|
Jump to Section
GUJCET 2018 Application Form, Eligibility, Exam Date, Syllabus
- Inaccurate information in the application form can result in the form getting canceled. The application fee for GUJCET 2018 is 300 INR.
- The application form for GUJCET 2018 will announce from March 30, 2018.
- Aspirants can fill the application form in the online mode.
- GUJCET 2018 is a state level entrance examination.
- Aspirants can appear for this examination after qualifying their 10+2 examination.
Aspirants who have successfully applied for GUJCET 2018 can download hall ticket in May 2018 from the official website of GSEB. Multiple choice questions will be asked in the examination on subjects such as Chemistry, Physics and Mathematics/Biology. GUJCET is a 3-hour examination. It is a pen and paper-based (offline) examination. Without hall ticket, aspirants will not be allowed to give the examination.
Total 120 questions will be asked in the examination. There is negative marking in GUJCET 2018. The question paper of GUJCET will be offered in 3 languages: English, Hindi, and Gujarati. For every inaccurate response, 0.25 marks will be deducted. The result will be released two or three weeks after GUJCET 2018 examination.
Exam Dates for GUJCET 2018
Aspirants interested in appearing for GUJCET 2018 must know all the important exam dates so that they can apply for the entrance examination on time. The important exam dates are listed in the following table: The official dates have not yet announced, but aspirants can follow this tentative schedule to get an idea about the exam dates of GUJCET 2018.
|Notification of application form||December, 2017|
|Date of announcing of application form||March 30, 2018|
|Last date for submitting the application form||April 15, 2018|
|Availability of hall ticket||May, 2018|
|Date of examination||May 11, 2018|
|Releasement of result||May/June, 2018|
|Date of counseling||June, 2018|
Eligibility Criteria for GUJCET 2018
Aspirants interested in appearing for GUJCET 2018 should first check if they are applicable to apply for the entrance examination. Aspirants required to fulfill the at least eligibility criteria for appearing in the entrance examination. There are some conditions and norms for every examination, which are fixed by the organizing authority. Aspirants required to check if they satisfy the eligibility conditions before they proceed to fill the application form.
The eligibility criteria for GUJCET 2018 are as follows:
- Aspirants must be a citizen of India to apply for the examination.
- They must have passed 10+2 examination (Science Stream) with an at least of 45% marks (general category) and 40% (reserved categories).
- Aspirants should have passed 10+2 examination from Gujarat Secondary and Higher Secondary Education Board or any other recognised board.
- They should be a resident of Gujarat. Those aspirants who stay outside Gujarat for certain purposes, but are actually residents of Gujarat are also applicable.
- Participants who will be appearing for 10+2 examination (Science Stream) in 2018 can also apply for GUJCET 2018.
If aspirants fail to satisfy the eligibility conditions, they cannot apply for GUJCET 2018 examination.
GUJCET Application Form 2018
Aspirants who wish to appear for GUJCET 2018 examination must submit the application form before the last date. They should make sure that all the details they are entering the GUJCET application form are accurate. Aspirants should be careful while filling the application form to prevent cancellation of the form.
The guidelines for filling GUJCET 2018 application form are as follows:
- After filling the application form, aspirants required to upload their scanned signature and photograph in advisable specifications. Unclear scanned photographs can result in rejection of the application form.
- Aspirants can make the payment via debit card/credit card/net banking.
- Participants are advised to fill the application form as soon as the form is available on the official website. They should not wait for the last date of submission of application form.
- The application fee for GUJCET 2018 is nonrefundable.
- If the organizing authority finds that the details entered in the application form do not match their documents, the form will get canceled.
- Aspirants must comply with the given instructions while filling the application form to prevent rejection of their application form.
- The application fee is 300 INR. This was the application fee in the last year. Changes can be made by GSEB in the application fee for GUJCET 2018.
- The application form will be available from March 30, 2018 on the official website.
- Aspirants also required to upload some documents such as category certificate (if eligible) and mark sheet of the qualifying examination.
- Once the application form is submitted and the application fee is paid, no correction can be paid in the form.
- Aspirants required to fill the application form correctly. They required entering all the details that are asked in the form. The organizing authority will not entertain incomplete application forms.
- Before submitting the application form and making the payment of the application fee, aspirants must verify if all the details furnished by them are accurate.
Aspirants must keep in mind that once the application form is submitted, it cannot be withdrawn. If aspirants follow all the above guidelines, they will be able to successfully fill GUJCET 2018 application form.
GUJCET Hall Ticket 2018
GUJCET 2018 hall ticket will be allocated online by GSEB in May 2018. Aspirants who have successfully applied for the entrance examination can download the hall ticket from the official website. It is the most vital document for appearing in the entrance examination. If aspirants do not carry the hall ticket, they won’t be allowed to sit for the examination. Aspirants required to preserve the admit card till the procedure of admission gets over.
The steps to download GUJCET 2018 hall ticket is as follows:
- Search for the link that says ‘GUJCET 2018 admit card’.
- Click on the link. You will be redirected to the page where you can download the admit card.
- Download the hall ticket and take a printout of it.
- Enter your application number and date of birth.
- Your GUJCET 2018 hall ticket will appear on your computer screen.
- Click on ‘board website’.
- Click on ‘submit’ button.
- Visit the official website of Gujarat Secondary and Higher Secondary Education Board, Gandhinagar (www.gseb.org).
The information that will be printed on your GUJCET 2018 hall ticket is as follows:
- Name of aspirant
- Paper wise timings
- Mother’s name
- Roll Number
- Important instructions for the examination.
- Email ID.
- Father’s name
- Venue of test
- Date of test
- Coordinating institution
Aspirants must verify if all the details mentioned on the hall ticket are accurate. They should read the important instructions printed on the back of the hall ticket so that they don’t violate any of them on the day of examination. Aspirants required to carry GUJCET 2018 hall ticket on the day of the examination to the test center. Apart from the hall ticket, aspirants also required to carry one of the following documents with a photocopy:
- Driving License
- Aadhar Card
- Voter Card
- Employee ID
- College ID
- PAN Card
One of these original documents is needed on the day of examination for identity proof.
Exam Center of GUJCET 2018
There are 46 exam centers in GUJCET 2018. They are spread via Gujarat. The exam centers are private institutions and aided institutions situated all over Gujarat that are affiliated to CBSE. During filling the application form, aspirants can choose the exam center, according to their convenience from the given list.
The exam center will be mentioned on the hall ticket of aspirants. Once the exam center is allotted, it will not be altered by the organizing authority. Aspirants required to report to the exam center minimum 30 minutes before the exam starts.
Exam Format for GUJCET 2018
Aspirants appearing in GUJCET 2018 examination must know the exam format so that they can be well prepared. The exam format for GUJCET 2018 is given in the table below: It is a pen and paper based entrance examination.
|Method of examination||Offline (Pen and paper)|
|Period of examination||3 hours (180 minutes)|
|Type of questions||Multiple Choice Questions|
|Language of question paper||English, Hindi, Gujarati|
|Marking Scheme||1 mark for every accurate response|
|Negative Marking||0.25 marks will be deducted for every wrong response|
The subjects covered under GUJCET 2018 examination are Chemistry, Physics and Mathematics/Biology. The division of subject wise marks is listed in the table below:
|Subjects||No. of questions||Maximum marks|
All the subjects are given an equal amount of importance in the entrance examination.
GUJCET Syllabus 2018
The syllabus of GUJCET 2018 includes topics from Chemistry, Physics, and Mathematics/Biology subjects. The syllabus of these subjects will be of the HSC level of GSEB board. Aspirants can solve earlier year question papers to score well in the entrance examination. Aspirants must devote time all the subjects while preparing for the examination.
GUJCET Result 2018
GUJCET 2018 results will be released after two or three weeks of the entrance examination on the official website. Steps to check the GUJCET 2018 Result are given below: –
- Enter your Roll Number
- Take a print-out of the GUJCET Result for future reference
- Go to the Results Link
- The result will be displayed on the screen
- Visit the official website.
GUJCET 2018 merit list will be prepared by GSEB. Aspirants who will find their name in the merit list can appear for the counseling process. The merit list is prepared by giving 60% weight to the marks that aspirants have scored in theory of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics/Biology in 10+2 examination and 40% weight to the marks aspirants have scored in GUJCET 2018 examination.
Cut off for GUJCET 2018
GUJCET 2018 cut off is the at least marks that aspirants should obtain for qualifying in the examination. It will be announced by the organizing authority in the official website during the releasement of results. There are several factors that affect GUJCET 2018 cut off. Some of these factors are as follows:
- Performance level of aspirants
- Number of aspirants
- Cut off marks of the earlier year
- Difficulty level of question paper
Aspirants can understand if they have qualified in the entrance examination after checking the cut off marks.
Counseling Procedure of GUJCET 2018
GUJCET 2018 counseling will take place in the online method in June 2018. Aspirants must check the merit list after the releasement of results. Only aspirants whose names are listed on the merit list will be called for counseling.
The counseling process will be conducted by ACPC (Admission Committee for Professional Courses). The documents that are needed for counseling are as follows: Selected aspirants have to attend the counseling.
- GUJCET 2018 Result
- Transfer certificate
- Passport Size photographs
- 12th standard mark sheet
- Category certificate (if eligible)
- 10th standard mark sheet
Aspirants required to verify all these documents at the helpline centers. During the time of counseling, aspirants can choose their preference for colleges. The final allocation of seats will be based on the merit of aspirants, availability of seats and category. Aspirants who have obtained high scores in GUJCET 2018 entrance examination will have higher chances of getting admission in their preferred college.